Monday 17 March 2014

Mind, Body and Spirit - Skincare Regime

Things have been a tad rough recently. Generally, I've been feeling a bit miserable. I'm sort of lost; I not sure where exactly my life is going and what my purpose is but things really came to a head two weeks ago when my Grandad died.  It wasn't a surprise as he's been unwell for a long time but death is always a shock and I didn't quite realise how much it truly would affect me. He was a complex, intelligent, wise, kind and loving man and coming to terms with a life without him is proving more difficult than I thought. His funeral is on Wednesday and there is a mixture of feelings; I'm happy for the celebration of his life but sad as his death will feel more real. 

Anyway, to move on to a more superficial subject, I've felt my sadness and grief have been pouring out into my mind, body and spirit and so after a week of moping, I've decided to spend more time on building and improving myself. Taking care of myself better and embracing all aspects of my life. I'm starting with body (technically face) and that means skincare. I'm generally quite lucky as my skin is, for the most part, clear however it's dry and I know I won't be as fortunate as I get older if I don't start looking after it now. After reading through a number of skincare blogs (notably Caroline Hirons) I have branched out and spent money of a decent toner and cleanser. I've always been a fan of Elizabeth Arden and Feel Unique were offering an incredible deal on a Hydrating Cleanser/Toner Duo. I already use a DHC Cleanser to remove my make-up but I wanted something for everyday use. It all arrived today and I'm so looking forward to using it; the pictures are below and I will be keeping you updated with how it all works out and whether it makes a big difference to my skin. 




Something that is also helping cover all of the mind, body and spirit is yoga. I've been doing it for a few months now but tonight's session was ridiculously effective and I've never felt so incredible after a session. I won't ramble on about it now but I will likely be doing a few more posts on yoga so stay tuned!


Have you got into any new skincare regimes recently? What do you use to improve your mind, body and spirit? Are you a yogi or perhaps just a general gym bunny? 

12 comments:

  1. I'm the most reluctant gym bunny ever. I force myself to go to a bootcamp class once a week and that's enough for me. I know I need to do more but I'm just so incredibly lazy. I've also been using honey, tea tree and coconut oil for my face in the last year and a half because I can't afford brand name skincare right now but as it does such a good job, I don't think I want to bother with much else. I'm sorry to hear about your granddad. My turn for that will be coming up soon I think so I'm steeling myself for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm sorry to hear that your turn will be coming soon :( I use coconut oil on my face too! I love it!

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to taking care of myself in general, haha (it's not funny why am I laughing?).

    I've missed you in the world of blogging! Welcome back! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've got a bit better but I've got a long way to go!

      I'm happy to be back - I've missed your blog xxx

      Delete
  3. Oooo definitely need to try these! x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, they're going really well! My face feels much better and cleaner!

      Thank you for your comment!

      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss! My husband is going though the same thing right now. Thank you for sharing the skin care routine! I hope the new products work out.

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I'm sorry to hear your husband is experiencing the same thing; please accept my sympathies. They're working out well so far!

      xx

      Delete
  5. We love discovering new products!! We're interested to see how this works for you because we've tried the eight hour cream In the past, so we're keen to try some other products from Elizabeth Arden. We love our yoga too!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 8 hour cream too! They're working out well, my skin feels great :)

      Thank you for your comment!

      xx

      Delete
  6. I`m sorry for your loss. Hope things will get better soon ♥

    I have a new post, btw! It`s called "ANTIMATTER"
    ROUGH & TOUGH | I`m on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I will definitely check out your blog!

      xx

      Delete

Hi,

Thank you for leaving a comment, I read every single one with a big smile on my face. I will always reply but it can take me a while sometimes :)

x